Brome Fair Code of Conduct
Terms and Conditions
To ensure the best possible experience for all our guests, we ask that you respect all applicable laws, our rules and guidelines as listed below (posted on the fairgrounds).
Your access to Brome Fair is conditional on your acceptance of these terms. We reserve the right to remove you from the premises if you are found to be in violation of any of them.
- Brome Fair is not responsible in any way for animals/items lost or stolen on the fairgrounds. Nor shall it be responsible for any damage caused by an accident on the fairgrounds.
- No unauthorized pets/animals are permitted on the fairgrounds
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all buildings on the fairgrounds
- Tickets & passes are non-exchangeable, non-refundable, revocable, and void if altered, lost, stolen or fraudulent.
- Security screenings are in place at all entrances and within the fairgrounds. All guests and their belongings may be subject to such screening. Guests declining to be searched will not be permitted into the fairgrounds.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to the fairgrounds of any bag, parcel, or other items. We also reserve the right to deal with any unattended object in such way as we consider appropriate. Prohibited items should be kept at home, stored in your vehicle, or voluntarily surrendered at the entrance. Items will not be returned.
- Any form of verbal or physical abuse to fellow Fair guests, volunteers, and employees will not be tolerated and will be grounds for immediate removal from Fair with no refund.
- Laws prohibiting consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors, illegal drugs, and disorderly conduct of any kind will be strictly enforced. Guests arriving intoxicated will not be admitted into Fair.
- Access to attractions or venues at Fair may be subject to additional terms and conditions. We have the exclusive right to determine whether you have satisfied any condition necessary to access an attraction or venue.
- Amusement rides are available. All participants are expected to act in a responsible manner at all times and obey all oral/written guidelines.
- The following activities are strictly prohibited:
a. Acts of demonstration, solicitation, distribution, or private sale of materials unless pre- authorized by Brome Fair personnel.
b. The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
c. Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind for commercial purposes.
d. Engaging in any unsafe act that may impede the operation of Fair or any associated venue.
e. Operating golf carts, ATV’s and 4 wheelers on the fairgrounds without prior authorization from Brome Fair.
We may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person attending Brome Fair. These may be used for journalistic, advertising, marketing, promotional, archival and/or security activities without payment or compensation made to any person. You consent to this by entering the fair.
We reserve the right to deny admission or to require a person already admitted to leave Fair, without refund, liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.
We reserve the right to, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, change the operating hours of Fair or any attraction, close Fair or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to Fair, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment program if we consider that the circumstances so require.
This Code of Conduct is subject to change without notice. Changes may be made to, for example, reflect changes in our legal or regulatory obligations. Accordingly, we encourage each of our guests to refer back to it on a regular basis prior to attending Fair.
We endeavor to make your time at Fair as safe and enjoyable as possible.
Please be aware, however, that there are risks inherent to your visit, including being exposed to or infected with COVID-19. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
By visiting the Fair, you voluntarily assume all risks and dangers connected to, associated with or incidental to your presence at Fair. We are not responsible under any circumstances for any loss, injury (including personal injury or death), illness, damage or liability that may arise out of or is in any way connected to your presence at Fair regardless of whether such loss, injury, illness, damages or liability arises from negligence, libel, defamation, loss of privacy, COVID-19, testing or screening for COVID- 19 or otherwise.
The following items may not be brought into Fair:
- Alcohol, drugs & drug paraphernalia
- Weapons & replica weapons of any kind (knives, firearms, tasers, etc.)
- Corrosive chemicals
- Flammable substances
- Hand tools/electric tools
- Drones/Radio Controlled devices
- Mace/pepper spray/bear spray
- Pets/other animals except animals with a Service Dog Identification Card
- Banners/signs/voice amplification devices
- Air horns/artificial noisemakers
- Materials of an extremist/offensive /discriminatory nature
- Pad locks/chains/cables/zip ties/handcuffs
- Any item deemed a danger/threat to public order or safety